1. Cooking is the true alchemy! Try to cook all your meals: save money, investing in health, in training, in the rest, no stress, on the quality of life;
2. Finally the strength training is recognized by science including in the treatment of cancer and in reverse aging;
3. Milk, the end of a calcifying myth?
4. We should eat less animal protein: good for us, other species and the environment. Eat more hummus, more tempeh, seaweed, beans, more quiona and amaranth. Don’t worry!
5. You born and die, is right! What you make between these two events is the most important. Experience life, with less material. Climb a mountain walking; Know what you eat, you can visit the local markets. Travel, learn about different cultures and understand why should eat and live differently- these people due to the unique energy of each location! Have fun choosing activities that truly you like! This the same for all doesn’t fit, it’s boring!
6. The myth of the fat disappeared but doesn’t justify the consumption of one of the worst choices of fat : the bacon; Here, the avocado and coconut gained immense terrain, precisely!
7. Train Cardio (running, walking, running) to make greater gains for the long term in strength training, great also in recovery. This year there were too many unsubstantiated considerations that you shouldn’t do “cardio” workout, lie! But, I’m not talking about running marathons and half-marathons with regularity, I’d advise against it. Maximum 10-15 km per week (with various methods: fartlek, stairs, sprints, series, etc).
8. Attention the fruit has fructose (sugar). Do not abuse in their consumption. The best are: avocado, coconut and berries (berrys).
9. “Weight lifting” (Weightlifting) is a practice of “skill” and should be trained as such.
10. The Crossfit is not bad, there is some bad instructors, some bad clients (their bodies) and a need to fill the coffers of someone, as in everything in life. Do 3-4 x a week doesn’t make sense from the point of view of health. It’s like your favorite Club to do 3-4 times per week competitive, make sense? No! Pay attention to your body’s biofeedbacks.
11. For your health don’t eat much meat, eggs and fish. If you consume, eat little and organic. The focus on the consumption of too much animal protein is unsubstantiated (although handy to megalomaniac agricultural industry) unless you’re an athlete and others with greatest needs. Attention: the “protein” is important!
12. Finally the women realized that those exercises “kegel” and such to the pelvic work only harm and, the squats, activation of glutes and Kettlebell swings are amazing!
13. Carbohydrates are not inflammatory unless you’re talking about the processed and simple. Integrals, almost always, soaked and well cooked and is practically the problem solved. Eat some algae and little beans.
14. All the training, above all is doing the exercises that we need, well done, to fulfill its function. “Functional Training”?
15. Gluten and sugar were the public enemies, the first unfairly. I don’t want to extend a lot about the gluten but, try the following (as a tip for a scientific study): well soaked the cereal (6-8) before cooking and chew very well, in conjunction with a good source of fat and protein and will see that the gluten, except for celiacs, isn’t a problem.
16. Very pleased that training with his own body and contact with nature has gained ground in the interests of customers. Makes sense doesn’t it? We are living beings and is to take advantage of our body’s intelligently in our planet Earth;
17. In nutrition like to join the best of the West (clinical and evolutionary) and the East (traditional Chinese medicine and Macrobiotic), and we know it’s all evolution, all adapted but, the science of evolutionary and Paleo nutrition, in my opinion, made two mistakes, not serious: 1) romanticized too much the cereals. Of course if we eat a lot of cereal is bad, including for fertility, such as bad eating too much animal protein, a lot of fat. 2) if our genome has adapted slowly throughout history the opposite happens with our microbioma (bacteria, fungi, etc.) by adapting to the lifestyle and environment, quickly, is scientific, it’s survival!
18. Sleep and managing stress is very important if you want results in strength training.
19. Yes, strength training is equally or more effective than the cardio workout to improve decrease the percentage of body fat and decrease the abdominal perimeter.
20. You must be unsure of anything, keep your curiosity, kindness and do what you like. Eat well, sleep well and be active! No stress and the “no pain no gain” is not correct. Use your body, explore…. BE YOU!
2015 challenge: a closer look around us. Observe better the wonderful NATURE of our planet, breathe it, feel it!!!